We are now accepting applications for our Fall 2015 SMEA College Scholarships.
Please note that all scholarships must be in on or before Friday, August 31, 2015. Thank you!
To apply for either of the scholarships listed below please download an application.
The Save Mart Employee Association (SMEA) is awarding up to fifty (50) college scholarships with up to a $500 award to a select number of eligible students who are graduating high school and enrolling in college or who are currently attending college and pursuing a degree.
All eligible applicants must be a member of SMEA or a dependent family member of a SMEA member. For questions please call: 209-872-1090
In addition, SMEA is proud to announce a new scholarship opportunity in memory of Bob Piccinini.
This scholarship is made possible by the generous donations of those who wished to honor the memory of Bob Piccinini. Up to five (5) recipients will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
To be considered for the Bob Piccinini scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must meet all SMEA College Scholarship criteria and complete the 2015 SMEA Fall College Scgholarship Application
- Applicants must possess a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Applicants must display community involvement (short summar of duties or participation, and/or letter o recommendation specifically stating your contributions
- Applicants must submit an essay on the writing prompt listed below (two pages (max) double-spaced, 12 point font).
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
More Information about SMEA and Save Mart Scholarships
Scholarships are offered in January and August.
A select number of $500 college scholarships are offered to SMEA members and dependants in January and August. Check in January and August to download an application.
Save Mart Scholarships: For information on the Save Mart Scholarships and Financial Aid Information Packet, and other scholarship opportunities available through Save Mart visit the Save Mart Connection at https://savemart.achievers.com/login. Once you have logged in go to education connection. Save Mart Scholarship and Financial Aid information will be available in January 2015. You can also email Performance@SaveMart.com